Training, Placement & Counseling Cell (TPCC)
Training, Placement & Counseling Cell has been established in the college with a view to develop professional competencies in the student teachers, to get them placed on the job and to provide guidance and counseling in respect of training needs and adjustment in school situations. The TPCC is functioning under the stewardship of Dr. Vivek Kohli Principal. – a robust visionary who always aims at bringing a break through in the traditional set up of teacher education. Further, he intends to bring a substantial qualitative change in teacher training so that it may meet the needs and challenges of present times.
TPCC is working under the able care of a member of faculty, who is professionally trained Guidance worker and Counselor from NCERT, New Delhi. The programmes related to TPCC are planned, designed and executed through an advisory committee with which senior members of the faculty are associated. The TPCC aims to realize the following objectives: –
1. To establish close links between the College of Education and the schools functioning in the community.
2. To identify the professional needs of the schools in terms of human resources (teachers) and cater to the needs.
3. To collect bio-data, the requisite information of B.Ed. & M.Ed. pupil teachers of the college for their placement in the schools.
4. To help the pupil teachers to have placement in the school, locally or outside, as per the availability of a vacancy or the choice of the trainee.
5. To help the schools in the selection of right type of teachers.
6. To arrange campus interviews for the selection of teachers for the schools in collaboration with the managements of the schools.
7. To prepare suitable teachers as per the needs and requirements of the schools (English medium and Hindi Medium).
8. To help the schools by arranging in-service teacher training programmes for qualitative improvement.
9. To prepare teacher trainees for better performance in the interview and as a teacher in diverse school situations.
10. To provide guidance to the teacher trainees as per their felt needs from time to time.
11. To provide counseling to the teacher trainees for their career advancement.
12. To provide a forum for functionaries (Managers, Principals & Teachers of Educational Institutions) for sharing educational and professional experiences and thus adding to quality education.
In the light of coveted and ambitious objectives enlisted above, the institute is trying to achieve not only these very objectives but many more also.
A Councelling Session A Guest Lecture
|(i) School Campus Interviews:|
|In case of schools where the management finds it difficult to come to the institute for campus interviews, list of trained teachers of this institute (as per bio-data already got filled from the trainees) is sent to the school authorities who call them for interviews and selection. There is follow-up action to ascertain the placement of these trainees.
The TPCC has taken initiative towards holding short programmes for the teacher trainees in order to supplement professional competencies. The programmes are:
|(ii) Vocational Guidance Center|
|In order to provide vocational guidance to the teacher trainees and school students, the institute has established a Vocational Guidance Centre in collaboration with Rotary Club, Ambala. Career exhibitions, talks, and conferences are organized in the institute. This centre is working under the expert guidance of a lecturer of the college, who is professionally trained Counselor having a P.G. Diploma in Guidance and Counseling from NCERT, New Delhi.|
|(iii) Future Plans|
|To establish linkage with employment exchange.
To establish linkage with different colleges of education so that our M.Ed. students be adjusted as Lecturers in these colleges. (We have already established links with DAV College of Education, Abohar, K.M. College of Education, Bhiwani, SD Post Graduate College, Bhatoli, Dist. Una (HP), Vivekanand College of Education, Jammu, CIS Arya Shikshak Mahavidyalaya Fatehpur, Pundri, etc.).