Our Old Students are requested to fill the Alumni Association Proforma and send us at email@example.com to enable us to send information about Alumni Meet and other college activities to you.
Educational Institutions, especially, teacher education institutions transform human resource to achieve human excellence. Sohan Lal DAV Alumni Association has envisioned mobilizing human resource for profession development in the field of education. In this background the Association works towards finding solutions of existing problems through collective sharing of multiple experiences for human growth and national development.
Programmes of the Association
– Collecting wider experiences of the members for formulating programmes in teaching and learning through regular meetings
– Undertaking action research in educational institutions
– Encouraging the members of Alumni in experimenting innovative ideas and practices
– Holding conferences and workshops on education
– Raising professional competency through recognizing the work of the members by giving awards/scholarships
– Publishing a newsletter of the Association for exchange of innovative ideas
– Activating interest in ancient Indian Vedic literature and values and their transmission to the coming generations
– Establishing a liaison with national and international professional bodies for the growth of the discipline.
Aims and Objects of the Association
1. To foster and perpetuate fraternity of the College and to enable them to establish closer contacts with their Alma Mater.
2. To render help to the pass outs of this college in getting placement through the College Training, Placement & Counseling Cell.
3. To further the social, literary and cultural interests of the alumni through functions and meetings of the Association.
4. To provide guidance and Counseling to the alumni for brighter future prospects.
5. To establish linkages of the Alumni with other professional bodies on teacher education and school education.
6. To familiarize and involve the members of the Alumni in innovative pursuits, action research and other developmental programmes of the college.
7. To propagate the values enshrined in Vedic Literature and to promote Indian cultural traditions and values.
8. To mobilize resources for undertaking various short term and long term programmes of the Association to realize objectives of education.
9. To provide them a common platform for sharing common issues on education and teacher development programmes.<tr > <tr >
Dr. Vivek Kohli, Principal
Dr. Satnam Kaur, Convener
Dr. Pooja, CO-convener
Dr. B. S. Wadhwa, CO-Convener
Prof. J. N. Sharma (Chairman & Director, Dept. of Journalism Studies, Punjab University, Chandigarh)
Mr. Wayne V. Pawlowsk (An Educationist from USA)
Dr. Shashi Kala (Senator Punjab University)
Mrs. Shashi Sharma (Principal, Sohan Lal DAV Senior Secondary School, Ambala)